Wednesday, January 13, 2010

finally, peace

after the merge, i had a chance to sit down, relax before its off to canton, shenzhen and macao. i spotted this lanna thai restaurant in the mall. can you read this set menu?
first up: fresh lime soda and the seaweed soup with minced pork and tofu
next, my custom order of sauteed glass noodles with seafood (OH YEAH!)
complimentary dessert: fresh coconut with tapioca, corn and taro. OMG.i actually ate it up.
yes. this is a piece of corn in the middle. total cost for the meal, with tip 11 dollars.
you cant eat roast pork over rice everyday!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous13.1.10

    Can I join you? Good food :d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lime soda, and dessert, you are living the good life. Again, I want to be you just for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous15.1.10

    I should never read your blog between meals! (tries not to drool) I swear I can smell the food from here! Thanks for the vicarious adventures! Glad your student is OK. Get some rest. k? xoxo MM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous16.1.10

    ...meant to add that I luv your pics of the people and cities, too, especially the contrasts. A couple of days ago I saw a doc. on PBS called American Masters that focused on Chinese film et. al. Immediately thought of you and wished you were here to give more commentary. :) xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete